Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Review Dump Part 1

Ok, so I FINALLY got around to reviewing some damn beers. But only 4 tonight. Some of the beers I've had in the last few weeks I didn't write anything down for and I don't think there is any point in reviewing them now since I won't remember anything.
Anyway, heres what I reviewed (links link to beeradvocate.com):
  • Weihnachtskatze by Alley Kat in Edmonton. Tried this at my little job interview thing. Awesome beer. Pick up a case if you can find it. Its a Cranberry Spiced wheat ale, the spice being cinnamon. It screams xmas. Apparently I've been the only person to review this :).
  • Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout - A classic and one of the first oatmeal stouts.
  • Anarchist Amber Ale by Cannery Brewing in Penticton, BC. I reallllllllly liked this beer. Its seems though, that some of the BA reviews are negative. I think the brewer must have changed the recipe over the years (its a craft brewery afterall). The label has changed too. Its a good beer for my taste, I suggest you seek it out in Alberta/BC.
  • Naramata Nut Brown Ale by Cannery Brewing. Average. It was good, not great. It wasn't bad. Maybe a little 'soapy' flavour... hard to say. I'd like to try it on tap. I have much higher opinions of malty beers on tap (despite my preference for malty beers).
Well, thats it. I'll work on the rest soon.
Cheers!

2 comments:

crallspace said...

That Weihnachtskatze sounds worthwhile.

Sammy Smith has good brews, but I'd like to try some that are not close to expiration. Haven't had one yet in Oregon. Too tied up with the Oregon brews.

bwestcott said...

Yeah I hate that a lot of imports end up expired by the time they reach the store. When we were buying beers for our english beer night we ended up putting half of them back because they were expired.