Thursday, December 29, 2005

Old Stock Fermenting

Just checked the Old Stock Ale fermentation after a couple of days. Its going pretty damn well! I've put the fermenter by my sliding glass door, and with it being about -1 C outside the fermentation is about 18-19 C. Perfect. I scraped off the karausen (I've probably spelt that wrong but too bad) today and checked the specific gravity. 1.040ish. Thats good, down from 1.077.
I purchased a new liquid yeast pack, Wyeast 1028 London Ale. Its currently in about 400 mL of areated to crap wort growing some cells. I'll pitch it tonight, so the london ale yeast should be able to pick up a lot of the last fermentation as the dry yeast slowly runs out of steam.

All in all, this batch will have a blend of 3 yeasts!
Anyway, my lasagna is done. I'll write something about the Old Ale style later so you know what I'm talking about.
Cheers!

No comments: