Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Kegs!



Well how sweet it is. I was talking to a co-worker last week and she knew a guy who just happend to have a full 58.6 L and half 29 L kegs just sitting around with nothing to do for quite some time so the deposit was already lost (apparently). I paid basically the value of their lost deposit, and got these two babies. Not too sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but large tough stainless steel containers aren't easy to come by.

The usual thing to do would be to turn the 58 L keg into a boil pot and make 48 L batches of beer. Well... I don't currently plan on making any 48 L batches of beer, so that might be a little extreme. Although if I did I could keg 29 L of it in the small keg, then bottle the rest.

I suppose I could just keep the 58L keg around until I find a good use for it and cut up the 29 L keg to make a perfect boil pot for 23 L batches.

The only problem is that now I need to find space for about 90 L of keg in my car for the drive back to Calgary in 2 weeks... .... yeah. Hm.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Tough Problems! :-)
Good brewing to you!