Friday, January 06, 2006

What to do with my vacation

To take advantage of the Family Day holiday in Alberta here, I booked a week off from work mid-Feb. Now I just need to figure out what to do with it. I figure that I will do one of or a combination of:
  • Go to New York. I've never been there, and its a city that will be fun in any season. I have a friend there, although she will probably be busy with school. Plus there are some good breweries near there.
  • Go to Ottawa. I have a few friends there or near there. I really should visit our nations capital at some point afterall. Plus there are some good breweries near there.
  • Go to Montreal. I haven't been there since I was a young'un. My cousin is at McGill there, and I'm pretty sure I know somebody else there too (at least near by). Plus, ... there are some good breweries near there.
  • Do some insane brewing. I could start a batch every day, or every second day. Of course that would be an odd use of a week off... and you can only do so much until you're just waiting. So I figure I do one of the above for most of the time then brew like hell for a couple of days.
Anyway, just verbalizing thoughs. Carry on.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B!
I was in ottawa about a month ago. At a little bar named Woody's the beer slinger told me to try a beer that came from a little brewery in Guelf and I loved it. It was very flavourful and a really nice color and aftertaste and I loved it. I'm am going to research immediately and find you the name of it! Did I mention I loved it?


Niki