Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Goobad day

Today I had a Goobad day, which is a word I just made up that combines the words "good" and "bad" into one word, thus simplifying my sentence. Although I had to explain my word here, so I guess that doesn't really make it so simple.

My morning work at the brewery went off great. I finally have the feeling that I know what I'm doing. That will probably all shatter tomorrow when I have to filter beer on my own for the first time. I like the point in a new job where you start to know a little bit more than shit all.

The afternoon wasn't as good, I was delivering kegs o' beer to clients. The first place I went to I got mega lost downtown and it took me like 30 minutes longer than it should have. The next place I delivered to had a very snowy back lane (Edmonton got 22 cm of snow over the weekend). I got stuck. Then I dug myself out. Then I got suck again. Then I dug myself out and dug a clear path. Then I got stuck AGAIN because some jerk was going the wrong way down a one way alley. Anyway, it sucked more than your mom.

How to get unlocked out of your condo
Over the weekend I lost my keycard for my building, thus locking me outside in the cold and having to be the guy who follows somebody into the building. But I came up with what I think is a pretty good solution. My unit is pretty close to the front door. So I took the cordless landline phone with me every time I left. When I got to the front door on my return, I simply buzzed my own unit, answered the phone, and buzzed myself in.
Not bad, eh?

Cheers!

No comments: