Sunday, August 13, 2006

Week Off!

I awoke this morning to find myself in the back seat of my car, still wearing my suit, with the cufflink on my french-cuffed dress shirt digging into my face. Ahhh yes, I was at a wedding last night, and rather than pay > $30 for a cab, and certainly being responsible enough to not drive home, I had curled up into the back seat and passed out. It was now 6:45 am, and people were arriving at the golf course to get their golf day started. I vaguely recall waking up in the middle of the night to turn on my car to get the heater going, as it was rather cold, and hearing a standup routine from Lewis Black on the radio. Its a good thing I didn't fall asleep with my motor running, as I certainly would have run out of gas.

ANYWAY, the wedding was fun, of course... for those of you who were there I'll make sure to send out pictures.

Week Off
For the first time in... well, a long time I have a week off from work. I'm not going anywhere, just staying around Edmonton. But I do have a list of things I want to get done:
-Do the dishes before my roomate kills me
-Remove Windows and Install Gentoo linux on my desktop... more on this later.
-Paint my room
-Finish reading the at least one of the 3 books I have on the go right now
-Clean my place
-Explore the trails of the river valley by bike
-Look into getting a dishwasher installed into my place

We'll see how much I'll actually get done...
Cheers

No comments: