Sunday, July 16, 2006

Pet Cricket

I am apparently the proud owner of a cricket. This is odd, since I live on the 10th floor of a concrete condo building. It has taken up residence on the inside of my wall near my bathroom beside my room. As you may know, crickets make that chirping/cricketey sound at night. At first, he'd stop making sound as soon as I moved or turned on a light. But I guess he knows I can't get to him without destroying my wall so he crickets away all evening and all night.
Bastard.
But I think I've gotten used to the sound... its almost soothing. Like living near grass or something. Its very repeditive too. Although his sounds keep getting faster.
Meh.

So I've stopped trying to kill him. I imagine there can't be much to eat in my wall anyway. Plus I've named him Tommy.
Cheers!

No comments: