Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dissertating

My floor these days

So this is what my floor looks like these days. I've started in again on writing my MSc dissertation again. Its going alright... we finally received a notice from the faculty about what they are expecting, and its not as much as I thought. Its important to be straightforward and concise about the research done and literature review. So the length isn't as important as the fact that you say what you did, give the results, and back it up with prior literature. I had written a lot of the literature review a few months back, and I think I was trying to write too much. Like I don't need to go over all the basics as they are... well, basic. I can assume, for example, that my audience actually knows what barley is; I don't need to tell them!

Anyway, in writing this I am actually procrastinating from writing again. But thats ok. I'm staying up alllll night long tonight and all day tomorrow as I'm trying to break my recent sleep schedule of going to bed at 5 am and waking up at 2 pm.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ahhhhh, I remember the days when my floor/bed/desk/any possible available surface looked like that (and much worse!). Then end is in sight! Congratulations!

Jenn & Owen said...

looks like my office right now. I defended my thesis on the first and now I have revisions to do before tuesday after next.