Friday, October 19, 2007

Beer Reviews

So I suppose its time to write a bit about some beers I've had here. Now I haven't been that great on keeping notes on this but this is the few I've written:

Edinburgh "3" Scotch Ale (Cask, 4.3%)
Very malty, sweet but balanced with a dry finish. Appropriate "scotch ale" style for sure. Very drinkable, no offensive flavours. Very dark amber-red with moderate head.

Clipper IPA (Cask, 4.2%)
Not much on aroma or flavour from hops. Medium hop bitterness, pleasant finish. Not very malty. Dry finish. Quite nice, but also not "interesting". Very drinkable though.

Stewart 80 (Cask, abv?)
"Exactly what I think of when I think of a Scottish beer". Malty but not too sweet. Slightly fruity start, very nice dry finish, some roast notes. Quite excellent!

Timothy Taylor Landlord (Cask)
Very fruity/estery character, likely from yeast strain used. Again, a dry finish... "proper english pint". Honestly, I found it not that easy to drink, but it was "interesting".

"Moo Coo Brew" (Cask)...
unfortunately I remember little about this beer ;)


Where do I like to drink? So far I've found no place better than "The Blue Blazer" down on Bread st. I've been to the Guildford Arms too... but I found it a little pricey. "The Golden Rule" is also a pretty good place with lots of cask pumps.

Thats all for now..
Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian, I just discovered your blog, but I live in Calgary. I was just wondering where I might be able to taste some good cask ales? I hope you are having a wonderful time in Scotland, the place where i was born. Cheers,
Janet Bell
bellj1@shaw.ca

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joltin Joe said...

Scotland Rocks!

joltinjoe

www.beerbloggin.blogspot.com